Saving the planet requires millions of parts to be successful. You are needed. As a supporter of Paso Pacífico, you are already playing a part – but do you know how to multiply your efforts? Discover your power using the steps below!
- Share. Share our social media posts and e-newsletters, as well as the experiences you’ve had—why you have saved nature through Paso Pacífico. Have you lived in Central America and fallen in love with the dry tropical forest? Been inspired by the passion of someone who has? Does rural environmental education or sustainable oyster production fire your imagination? Tell those whom you meet about the things you love.
- Plan. Whether it’s a birthday celebration or a sea-turtle-themed marathon, you can create your very own campaign page to help spread awareness and garner support for a specific goal. To do this, follow these simple steps:
- Go to pasopacifico.org/get-involved/take-action.
- Click on the category that interests you most. If you’re having trouble deciding which project to focus on, simply “Team up for Paso Pacifico” at this link.
- Click “Become a Fundraiser.” Here, you’ll have the option to set up your page as an individual or as a team member—or even to create your own team that others can join! Most people will want to set their page up as an individual. If that applies to you, click that option.
- Fill out the form to finish setting up your profile. You will be asked for a numerical goal, an end date for your community support efforts, and personalizing options like your own title and photo. Then, you’ll be ready!
- Invite. Invite anyone in your circles of friends, family, and acquaintances who you think might be interested in learning more about your goal. Attached is a Classy guide with some helpful tips on the best ways to go about this.
- Thank! Follow up and be sure to thank every person who has helped you reach your goal – you can thank them publicly or privately, just be sure to make them aware of how grateful you are.
And thank you to those of you at home reading this and considering taking these steps to help save our planet!